Thursday 11 March 2021

Skittle colours experiment

Aim

I want to find out what happens when you Skittle colours.

Method:

Equipment 

  • Skittles 
  • Petri dish
  • Warm water 
  • Beaker
  • White background

Instructions 

  1. Get your equipment 
  2. Place your petri dish on the white background 
  3. Put your skittles around the inside edge of the petri dish  
  4. Gently pour warm water into the middle of the petri dish 
  5. Observe what happens 

Prediction:

  • i think that the colours will start to merge into the middle then once the colours comes of the skittles they will be white and if you pick the grape flavour and mix the colour of the water will be brown.

Discussion:

1. The colours dissolved (When a solid is mix into a liquid, creating a solution). 
Why does the colours dissolve? 
REASON 1: The reason food colours meet in the centre of the plate and not mix is because the food colour has the same sugar amount dissolved from each skittles, when the sugar dissolves it pushes outwards into the rest of the solution, sending the colour outwards as well. 
REASON 2: The skittle colours have tons of molecules and molecules don't like to be near other molecules so the colour spreads outward towards the centre where no colour is, so it diffuses (spread over a wide area or between a large number of people) towards the centre.

Thank you for reading my blog post.
^O^







No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post