Monday 26 August 2019

what limerick means

Hello readers today I am going to be telling you about limericks  

limerick is a humorous poem consisting of five lines. The first, second, and fifth lines must have seven to ten syllables while rhyming and having the same verbal rhythm. The third and fourth lines should only have five to seven syllables; they too must rhyme with each other and have the same rhythm. here is one limerick that I made


Wales 

A There once was a young girl from Wales
A Who was selling pretty fake nails
B She had some that were red
B That made her super dead 
A she didn't sell many so she fails

I hope you liked my limerick and feel free to comment.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sophia, Thank you for including the description of what a limerick is. I like how you have used the correct rhyming pattern and have made lines 1, 2 and 5 longer than lines 3 and 4.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post