Wednesday 28 July 2021

Blind Taste Testing

 Aim

I want to find out how we taste food


Research:

Taste buds have very sensitive microscopic hairs called microvilli, tiny hairs send messages to the brain about how something tastes and The average person has about 10,000 taste buds and they're replaced every 2 weeks or so.


Method

Equipment

  • Unknown food 
  • Blindfold
  • A person with a tongue 
Instructions 

  1. Get your equipment 
  2. Put your blindfold on.
  3. Block your nose 
  4. put the food in your mouth and taste it 
  5. Describe how it taste 
  6. Release your nose and describe the taste 
Results:

Food#1 when I was holding my nose I couldn't taste it and it was juicy. When I let go I could taste it and it was crunchy 
Food#2 I couldn't taste it at first but then, when i took my hand of i, could taste bitter and sweet
Food#3 I couldn't taste anything even when I took my hand off it didn't taste like anything 
Food#4 at first I couldn't taste anything then I could taste the sweet lemon 
Food#5 I didn't taste anything at first then I could taste the sweet candy  
Food#6 I tasted the sugar
Food#7 As soon as I put it in my mouth I could taste the salt 
Food#8 as soon as I put it in my mouth it started to foam up and it was disgusting 
Food#9 as soon as I put it in my mouth it was so sour 
Food#10 as soon as I put it in it foamed up immediately 

Conclusion 
 I have a better when I can breath 
Discussion 


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post