Thursday 23 September 2021

Coke And Mentos

Aim - I want to find out what will happen when you drop Mentos into a bottle of coke

Method

Equipment

- Mentos

- A bottle of coke

- Flat surface

Instructions 

1. Get your equipment

2. Take the lid of the coke

3. Put your bottle of coke on a flat surface

4. Put the mentos into the coke and sees what happenes

Result

Coke and Mentos - by Leila Sheffey [Infographic]

Here is a video of someone doing a coke and mentos experiment. LINK 


Conclusion
I can conclude that if you add mentos into a bottle of coke It will make the coke erupt and shoot out of the bottle. 
Discussion

As the Mentos candy sinks in the bottle, the candy causes the production of more and more carbon dioxide bubbles, and the rising bubbles react with carbon dioxide that is still dissolved in the soda to cause more carbon dioxide to be freed and create even more bubbles, resulting it to erupt. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post