Tuesday 21 September 2021

The Erebus Plane Crash

 Predictions- 

What do I think I know about this disaster?

All I know is that there were zero survivors.



What do I think I will find out about this disaster?

I think I will find out something that will be helpful for e in the future!




NOTES

1. Where was the Flight 901 heading, and where was it planning to land?
Air New Zealand Flight 901 left auckland for a trip to Antractica. They were to fly over several islands, see McMurdo Station and Scott Base, and land in Christchurch after covering over 8,600 kilometres and flying for 11 hours.
2. What were the names of the pilot and co-pilot of flight 901?
Caption Jim Collins and co-pilot First officer Greg Cassin.
3. Why did the pilot ask to descend to 450 metres?
At 12:45 PM, the caption gained permission to descend to 450 metres, so his passengers could have a better view of the surroundings.
4. What reasons are given in the passage for why the crash occurred?
After an hour of radio silence, search planes were sent out but the wreckage wasn't spotted until after midnight. 
5. What time did the crash occurr?  
It happened at 12:49 PM.




VIDEO ONE 

VIDEO TWO 


I hope you liked my blog post don't forget to comment. BYEEE

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post