Thursday 16 September 2021

Red Cabbage Indicator

 Aim:

I want to find out how to tell if something is an acid.


Method:

Equipment:

  • Beaker
  • Cabbage 
  • Hot water
  • Test tubes
  • Acid + Hydroxide
  • Dropper
Instructions:

  1. Get your equipment ready
  2. Rip up your red cabbage 
  3. Put your ripped up cabbage in the Beaker 
  4. pour hot water into the Beaker 
  5. Then you put the Hydroxide in the right test tube
  6. Then put the Acid in the left acid 
  7. Then get your dropper to suck up the cabbage water
  8. Then drop the tinted water in the right tube 
  9. Then drop the tinted water in the left tube  


Results:

The left tube turned pink and the right tube turned greenish yellowish 


Test pH levels with red cabbage - Discovery Express

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post