Wednesday 4 August 2021

Eating hot chillies

Aim:

I want to find out if milk will help reduce the burn of the hot sauce

Research of videos 

The funny link 


Method 

Equipment 

1. Hot sauce 
2. toothpick
3. Stopwatch 
4. Water, coke, milk 

Instructions 

  1. Get all of your equipment 
  2. Dip the toothpick in the hot sauce 
  3. Suck the hot sauce off the toothpick 
  4. Start timing 
  5. stop timing when it stops burning 
Results 
The time it took to stop the burning 
Just Chili: 50 secs Water: 12 secs Coke: 11 secs Milk: 7 secs this time is my friend's time.

Conclusion :
My friend told me that milk is the best thing to drink to stop the burning sensation 

Discussion :
Why does chili burn your mouth and why does milk stop it? 
when you eat a chili, the capsaicin is released into your saliva When this happens, it triggers these receptors, which send a signal to your brain, fooling it into thinking that your mouth is literally burning.


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post